Thursday, January 8, 2015

Trigger Shot Trigger Shot

This morning we had another doctors appointment. Last night I had a hot flash in the middle of the night and I guess I turned off the heat in my sleep. It was FREEZING in the house this morning. We did not want to get out of bed so getting ready was a little rushed. We got to the doctor and I had to let the vampire lady take my blood. Ugh. This time I told her to do my left arm. She is really good at drawing blood but she isn't use to my left arm. When she stuck it in she had to wiggle it a little bit. I thought I was going to vomit but I calmed myself down and didn't let it go to my head. Once the blood work was done it was time for our ultrasound. The nurse did our ultrasound again because the doctor is only there on Monday and Friday. She said my eggs looked great but she wasn't sure what the doctor was going to say. My left ovary isn't producing as many eggs which is fine because my right one has a ton! I didn't have enough Menopur to do injections tonight so they gave me an extra vial just in case the doctor told me to stay on injections. Well today they never called me to give me results. It was 3:00pm and I still hadn't heard anything. I sent a message to the nurse and she said their system had been down. She said she would get back to me as soon as she could. I was stressed a little today because I needed to leave work early to get home in time if I was going to have to do Menopur again. I decided to leave early just in case. I finally got a phone call from Vanessa around 430 and she told me it was trigger night!!!!!! Yay!!! I was so excited because last night I was celebrating that it was my last night of the burning. She told me to take my trigger shot at 7:45pm and that my egg retrieval would be Saturday morning at 7:15am. We will find out on Saturday how many were retrieved. Then on Sunday they will call me to tell me how many were fertilized. Next Friday I will find out how many survived the five days and were sent off for chromosome testing.

So tonight was trigger night!! Woo hoo! My poor husband had to work outside all day today. He runs two companies (auto shop & garbage company) with his dad. Plus he still works for the company his dad sold doing mechanic work. Today he had to work out in the freezing cold doing the garbage route. He works so hard and never complains. Tonight he called to say he needed to go to the other company do some work on their trucks. I told him my trigger shot was at 745pm and to go to work. He was like "Are you sure you will be okay without me here to do the shot?" I said "Yes I will be fine." He kept asking me over and over again. I didn't want him to have to wait until 8pm to go get started on his work. The trigger shot Ovidrel comes made already since it's crucial that you do the injection at the exact time they tell you. I got the shot out of our fridge and went to Lauries for her to give it to me. It was two minutes til and we got ready to do it. We watched the clock and as soon as it turned 745 we did it. The injection didn't burn or anything and the needle was so tiny. My tummy is so glad all injections are over for now. I will have to do more injections on my tummy when we get ready for transfer. I will be on a blood thinner but for now we are going to celebrate no more shots!!! After my trigger shot, I took Laurie to dinner for all of her help. While we were eating she told me that I've come a long way with needles. I told her that I have but I still don't like them. Ha!


Saturday will be a big day. Please keep the prayers coming. I will be put to sleep for the procedure but normally do very well. I can't wait to find out how many eggs we end up with. I will update everyone on Saturday.

Come on Baby Fisher!!!


1 comment:

  1. So crazy how we are on the same schedule but our shots have differed! My trigger shot was an inch and a glad long and had to be Taken in the hip and I had two in the stomach! Many prayers headed your way.. Positive thoughts bring positive results!

    ReplyDelete