Thursday, January 22, 2015

Embryo Results are in.....

Well last week I was all upset because I was disappointed in our numbers but this week I'm happy. I've realized so much and praying about everything has helped too. We found out a couple of months ago that our company has been sold. We will soon be under new ownership. They just have to sign the closing papers in February. This week our new owner and his team came down for a finance meeting. I was stuck in the meeting all day Tuesday and Wednesday. They are finding out how we do things now and changing a few things. We had a dinner on Tuesday after the meeting as well. It was two long and exhausting days. It was so nice to meet the new owners though and It calmed my fears of losing my job. The new owner is so down to earth and nice. He confirmed that I had nothing to worry or stress about. Before I left work yesterday I went to talk to him about my IVF. The deal should be closing around the time we do our transfer. I wanted to see who I need to report to for days off and talk to him about how in the past I was able to work from home. He said don't worry about anything and you may work from home. Thank you, Jesus. It looks like I will be gaining another awesome boss. During the dinner I was talking with the new compliance guy. He opened up to me about how him and his wife were going through IVF. They are both carriers for a syndrome and have to do IVF with the chromosome testing to make sure they don't pass the syndrome to their child. They just went through the first cycle and only ended up with one embryo after all the testing. He told me how upset his wife was. It hit me...I was being very selfish last week about my number. I know people don't always end up with embryos but to his heart pour out and tell me his story really hit me. They are doing their first transfer Feb 10th which is around the time we will be doing ours. It was so nice to have that connection with each other. You really don't realize how many people have fertility issues until you speak out.

On Wednesday I missed a call from the doctors office and it was the nurse Lisa. She left a message saying to call the office. By the time I got the message the office had already closed. I sent a text to the other nurse and told her I got the message from Lisa was everything okay. She wrote back that my embryo results came in. I didn't want to ask her for results because I didn't know if she was allowed to. I wrote back and said Ok I will call the office in the morning. She sent a message back and asked if I wanted to know the results. I said heck yes can I call you. She called me and informed me.....We have 4 baby Fishers!!!!!!!! We have 3 girls and 1 boy!!! I was so excited to hear that. She told me she didn't know any other details to call in the morning. I called this morning and talked to Lisa. I found out that we actually ended up with 7 not 6 after the 5th day. Out of the 7 we lost 3 during the chromosome test. She told me what was wrong with the three in scientific terms but told me the doctor would have to explain in more detail. She said the issues were nothing serious and they were the normal issues all couples have. It made me feel good but out of the three we lost two of them were boys. Mikie and I have laughed about him being a girl baby making machine. I swear God put our little niece in our life for a reason. He never wanted a girl until we started keeping  her. Now she is wrapped around his finger and now he thinks he would enjoy having a girl. She has taught us so much about ourselves, our parenting skills, and love. She lights up our life and brings so much joy to us. When our miracle baby does come, she will have a hard time with sharing. She already doesn't want to share her Mikie with me. ;)





Well this weekend I never started my period. It crazy that when you don't want to start you do and when you want to start you dont. Lol. I was stressing a little bit because I knew I had two mandatory meetings and the doctor wanted me in the day after I start my period. I prayed and asked God to wait until after my meetings. Well prayers were answered...I started today. I go into the doctor tomorrow morning for blood work. I will have blood work done and an ultrasound. If my levels look good then I will start on medicine to get ready for the transfer. I'm getting so excited. I know God has some awesome things in store for us. I hope this is Mikies best birthday ever!

Well I will update you all with my doctor visit tomorrow. Thank you for the continued prayers....they are working and everything is going just as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment