Saturday, January 3, 2015

IVF Shot #5 Two Injections

Tonight was the night to start taking an additional injection. The new injection we added is to make me to stop ovulating. I couldn't remember how this shot felt so I was a little nervous. Today I went shopping with my sister all day. We love thrift store shopping together. We spend hours and hours in the stores. I knew I had to get back for my shot tonight so I got to her house early to give ourselves enough time to dig. We ended up spending too much time in the last store. I rushed home to get my injection. I was late but I'm just not letting the stress get to me. The last time I was on shots....I had an emotional break down when I was late for my shot. I've realized after all we've been through that it's not the end of the world. When I got home the shots were ready. I laid on the bed and Laurie gave them to me. She asked which one I wanted first and I told her neither. Lol. During the process we've found some humor. There hasn't been one night that we aren't laughing after shots. Anyways, she gave me the menopur shot first. Ugh.. that shot really burns. I know I keep saying that but it's the truth. I hate it. Next it was the new shot we started tonight Cetrotide. It didn't burn at all but afterwards the area itched. It felt like ants were biting me. We were headed to dinner afterwards and I was still itching. I know I shouldn't scratch the area but I can't help it. Ahh....only about 6 more days. I do know that taking two shots every night is going to make us run out of spots on my tummy fast. We try to alternate sides each night but it's hard to when you have to take two.....but I will survive. I survived the first time and I will this second time. We are getting closer and closer to egg retrieval.



I do want to thank everyone who has reached out to me recently, who is praying for us, who is keeping their fingers crossed, and my blog supporters. Mikie and I appreciate everything. You dont understand how much it means to us. Our journey has been tough but it's all of our supporters that have helped us keep pushing along. So far 2015 has been good to us and we are praying it continues to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment