Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Doctor Appointment and IVF Shot #7

Sorry I didn't update last night. I was one exhausted egg factory last night.......


Yesterday morning we went in for our check-up. I got blood taken and they did another ultrasound. I was amazed at how big my eggs are!! They are growing and growing fast. The doctor was very pleased with the measurements and progress of the eggs. My egg retrieval may move up to Saturday, Jan 10th. YAY! I'm so ready for this bloating to go away. Mikie keeps laughing at me because I'm calling my ovaries my water balloons. We had a good talk and lots of laughs with the doctor as well. The one thing I love so much about my doctor is how he takes his time. He is never in a rush to get us in and out. He will talk about his personal life, answer all your questions, and laugh with you. He isn't just my doctor but a friend. I also like how he is always there to do our check-ups and he is the one who performs all the surgeries. Most fertility doctors are not there for check ups and only do the transfer. We've been lucky to come across such an amazing doctor. My blood results came back great as well. My estrogen level is right where they want it. I can tell my body has been pumped with hormones because I was watching CSI and someone got killed....I started crying. It was so cute because Mikie was concerned and asked me if I wanted him to change the channel. I swear I have the best teammate/husband. He is always concerned about me and right by my side through it all. I couldn't ask for a better husband. My mom teases me saying that Mikie is going to wrap me in bubble wrap as soon as I do get pregnant. He is such a protector and wants nothing bad to happen to me.


I got to work after my appointment and was a little overwhelmed. Its end of year and the beginning of a new year....something that is never fun for an accountant. It was so sweet though because my co worker came to me and said "You do not let this place stress you out. Your work will be here tomorrow and the next day. Do what you can and what you cant you can do tomorrow. You need to concentrate on yourself and your miracle baby." It was so sweet. I do work for the best place ever. Yes I have my days that I cant stand my job or the place I work for...I mean don't we all have those days. But I do have to say that I have the greatest boss in the world and work with some AMAZING people. I spend anywhere from 8-12 hours a day at work and my co-workers are one of my biggest supporters. I don't think this process would go as smooth if I worked anywhere else. My boss gives me the time I need to take off for appointments and lets me work from home. I have co-workers who step up to the plate and do some of my job when I'm out. I thank God everyday for my job. I cant believe this March I will celebrate 5 years with the company.


Well last night the shot process was a little bit rushed. It was like one girl said a true definition of an "IVF quickie" lol. Laurie had a meeting to go to and I just pulled into the driveway from work. I work about 60-70 miles away from home. (Crazy I know but I looooooooove my job) I'm having to leave work early this week to beat the traffic and get home in time to get my shot. Anyways, I got home just in time before Laurie had to go. Mikie had the injections made and I jumped up on the bed so she could do them. She did the menopur shot and when she got done my stomach was bleeding a little bit. For some reason when she does that injection my stomach bleeds just a little bit afterwards. I have bruises on my stomach from all the poke marks. Then she grabbed the other alcohol wipe to find a spot to do the second injection. When she went back to grab the second injection, she accidently grabbed the one she had just done. She poked me and Mikie said "Laurie take it out". She didn't realize what she had done. She felt horrible afterwards. She said "You can go blog about how I poked you three times now and how I shouldn't be a RN" LOL. We all busted out laughing so hard. I'm telling you there hasn't been one night during shots that we don't laugh. I'm so glad we have humor during this process. Yes it is a serious process but you cant be all uptight about it. If you relax and roll with the punches then you will find it to be a much smoother process. Even though she poked me three times and she isn't a certified nurse....she has been AMAZING! I really don't know what we would do without her. I would never make it to the doctors office by 4:30 everyday to do the shots. I have Kristina's mom as a backup but I know she passes our house around 5:30 and I'm not home yet. I know if anything happened her mom would come but I just hate to bother people with stuff like that.


Today I go in for acupuncture. I haven't been in over a week because they were closed last week for the holiday. I'm sort of nervous again! HA! Tonight we will do IVF shot #8 and tomorrow we have another doctor's appointment. Tomorrow we should probably know the exact date of egg retrieval. I'm getting so excited to get these eggs out and fertilized. I'm ready to see how many embryos we end up with. I'm not looking forward to the IV but that is a baby step compared to what I've been going through and I know my poor hubby isn't looking forward to his sample. He said that he isn't looking forward to it but isn't complaining because I've gone through way worse stuff.


Baby Fisher will be created this weekend and will be watched in a petri dish for 5 days!! It is so crazy to think that! We are pushing along and pushing along fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment