Tuesday, January 6, 2015

IVF Shot #8 and acupuncture

Today I had an acupuncture appointment and I haven't been in over a week. Last week they were closed for the holiday. I was really nervous going into my appointment. It was just like the first day all over again. I got on the table and he started to put the needles in. I almost kicked him in the face by accident because I jumped. He stuck a needle in between my big toe and little toe on top of my foot. Then he stuck another needle on the side of my heel on the inside of my ankle. I definitely was squealing today...lol. I have to say though once the needles were in then I relaxed and was fine. He put another needle in my scalp...its crazy to say but that spot is the best. It relieves all the pressure and relaxes me so much. I fell asleep during the treatment again. I called Mikie afterwards and told him I have a love/hate relationship with acupuncture. I hate the needles going in but once the treatment starts it's so relaxing. He said "You've gone through way harder things. You can do it." He is correct. I still have 12 weeks or so of acupuncture to do if I do get pregnant.

Tonight was shot #8.....we are almost there. Tonight we were looking for spots on my stomach for the shots. The first night I did a shot under my belly button and it was so sore the next day. I decided I wouldn't do anymore shots underneath the stomach.....until tonight. We are running out of spots and so I told Laurie she could do one underneath the belly button....Oh My Goodness ...what was I thinking!!! Not only does that shot burn but the spot is so tender!!!!! I was screaming tonight. NEVER NEVER AGAIN will I do a shot in that area. I remember last time I did the shots, I was in tears towards the end of my injections. I'm almost to that point. Tonight I was ready to cry my eyes out but I was tough and pushed through. My stomach is so sore, it's bloated, and I'm out of spots. I haven't had much of an appetite and realized that I had not eaten anything all day. I'm so bloated that I feel like I've eaten; therefore, I forget to eat. Here is a picture of my belly with all the wounds.


Tomorrow we go to the doctor for another checkup. I will get my blood drawn again and ultrasound. I'm nervous about my blood being drawn because I only like them to draw blood from my right arm. Well my right arm is done for the week seeing how I got blood drawn on Friday and Monday. I will have to use my left arm tomorrow. Also when you've been on  all these hormones your skin is very sensitive. The nurse told me that my arm will be sore. I'm definitely a pin cushion this week from injections, acupuncture, and blood drawn. I'm going to be a pro at needles. Tomorrow we should find out when the egg retrieval will be and when we should do the "trigger" shot. The "trigger" shot is done at a certain time of night. If they say to take it at 9:04pm then you must do it at that time. Once the injection is done then the doctor has exactly about 36 hours to get the eggs out. The trigger shot releases the eggs out of the follicles so that they can retrieve them. During the egg retrieval they will take a long needle and "pluck" the eggs out. They will remove every egg that I've matured. Once the eggs are removed then the embryologist will examine the size and shape of the eggs. He/She will decide which ones can be fertilized. Next the eggs will be fertilized and watched in a petri dish for 5 days. After 5 days they will be frozen and sent off for chromosome testing. Before you know it egg retrieval will be here and gone.

Come on Baby Fisher!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is very informative post!
    Studies reported by The American Pregnancy Association suggest that the most effective fertility treatments involve a combination of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and traditional medical interventions.ivf acupuncture

    ReplyDelete