Thursday, February 12, 2015

Shot #4 &5 and The BIG Transfer Day


Tuesday night I went to Rosenberg for my spray tan date with Kristina. I tried spray tan the first time last week and bought a small package. I wanted to go one more time before transfer. Its more like airbrush tan because someone does it...it isnt a machine. I love the lady who does it. She make us laugh with her stories and Kristina make the two us almost pee our pants. She has no shame in her game. LOL! Since I was in Rosenberg I let her give me my shot. We didnt have her mom to guide us through it but I do have to say she is becoming a pro. We had to have her husband come help tell us when the medicine was out of the needle. It is very hard to do on your own especially when your new at it. He was so shocked how I didn't flinch or anything. He said "I give you so much credit for doing this. You are so strong." His words meant alot to me. Wednesday night Laurie has church so I asked Kristina if I could come back to get my shot done by her again. I didnt want Laurie to have to miss church or have to come back to give me my shot. I had my acupuncture appointment yesterday after work. It was my final appointment before transfer. Chris wasn't at the Woodlands location so I saw another girl. She was awesome and so sweet. She put in all the needles and then hooked up the machine to the needles that were in my stomach. I laid there for my session and fell asleep. Once the session was done she gave me a pep talk about transfer day. She explained how to stay calm and relaxed during the 2 week wait period. Once I left there I was ready for bed but had a long drive to Rosenberg. I got to Kristinas house right before 8 to do the shot. She was in the middle of doing hair so we went into the bedroom and did the shot really fast. I was in and out of her house within 20 minutes. Talk about an IVF quickie...HA! I'm very surprised at how well she does with my shots seeing how she hates needles as much as I do. Her husband on the other hand freaks out a little bit because that needle is so long. She asked him to hold it when she was done so she could massage the area and he was asking for the top. He couldn't stand to look at it. Ha!

Today was the BIG day!!!! Last night I had my pineapple....it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. This morning we woke up and we both were exhausted. My poor husband has been working his butt off and has been very stressed. I havent been as stressed but extremely tired from all the medication. Once we took our showers and put on our "Good Luck" shirts it was like our moods changed immediately. I didnt get my halloween good luck socks so I found some fuzzy warm socks that were pink and blue stripped; however, I could only find one. I called Laurie and she had a solid blue one. I said I'll take it and I wear mismatched socks. We had a pep talk in her kitchen and she told me everyone at the Cowboy Church prayed for me last night. It made me feel very good inside. My phone started blowing up with text messages, my face book started going off, and I was getting phone calls. We were both getting so excited. My nurse was sending us a text this morning. She wanted a picture of us in our Good Luck shirts. We took one together with me taking the picture but you couldnt see all the shirt. I had my sister retake the picture on our way out of the hospital. We went to check in and everyone was commenting on our shirts. They loved them. We sat down on the couch and waited to be called. My sister and my mom showed up shortly after. Right as they were sitting down the nurse called us to come back. I gave my mom and sister and hug and then the nurse asked us if they were with us. I told her yes and she explained that I could take 3 people back with us. She said Mikie was one and then my sister and mom would make 3. I was in complete shock and I was so excited. I told them and they were super excited. The nurse said she would come back to get them. We went into a small room to get my blood pressure taken, arm band put on, to sign a few papers, and take my medication. They gave Mikie his jump suit to put on and then I had to put on my gown. Once we got ready she went to get my mom and sister. We were laughing so hard at them putting on the jump suit. I swear we were the redneck family in there. HA! Before we went back Dr Kim came in to talk to us. He met my family and went over the embryos. They thawed out very well and the girl is Good and the boy increased to Good/Fair instead of just Fair. I was so pleased to hear that news. He asked me if I wanted to play any music or anything this time. He loved our shirts and was so excited to have my mom and sister join us. It was time to head to operating room. We all headed that way and they got me situated. The nurse started putting the ultrasound jelly on my stomach to look and see how full my bladder was. We found the spot where the embryos would go and the doctor got prepared. He did everything four times today since we were wearing 4 leaf clovers. He explained every step in more detail since it was my mom and sisters first time in there. We got an awesome picture of the embryos being placed inside. The picture is better than any other picture we've gotten in the past. Once we were done then I went into recovery for 30 minutes. He came and talked to us before we left and told me to take it easy. I'm on bedrest for 3 days and I cant shower until Saturday night. AHHH!!! I hate that part the most. I take two showers a day and now I have to go two days without a shower. Its okay because I took an extra long shower this morning. HA! Once we left the hospital we stopped and got McDonald's french fries. I'm not sure what the theory is behind that but we wanted to follow everything we read. I told Mikie we could get fries from there but I didnt want a burger...I hate McDonalds burgers so we stopped at another place to get a burger and he got a hot dog. We got home and I crawled in bed. He crawled in bed with me and watched TV and rubbed my back. I fell asleep for about 4 hours. I woke up and a friend was here to check on me. I'm now laying in the recliner resting and chit chatting with Ruthie.

Tonight I start my Heparin blood thinner shot and continue my progesterone shot. Today was an awesome day!!! I appreciate all the phone calls, text messages, facebook comments, and prayers. I have the BEST supporters in the world. We wouldnt have made it this far if it was for all of your continued support. Now we have the two week count down. I'm not going to get anxious and take it day by day. I know God has a plan and his plan is bigger and better than any that I've dreamed of. Our two Baby Fishers are trying to find there spot to grow for the next 8 months. Keep the prayers coming!!







2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am praying for you and Mikie. Let God's will be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen!!! I appreciate all of your support!

      Delete