Saturday, February 7, 2015

Shot #2

I suffered the worst migraine today. I felt so horrible all day today. I believe it had to do with my first shot. Anytime my hormone levels rise, I get a migraine. I've been lucky this round not to suffer through so many migraines. Today I took a nap with my little niece. We slept for about 3 to 4 hours. It was amazing! I'm hoping that I don't have anymore for a while. Migraines are the worse thing to experience.

This morning my mother in law had a spell and went to the hospital. My husband spent most of the day with her. Tonight he wanted to go check on her again at home but we knew we had my shot to at 8pm. We didn't want to have to wait that long and we weren't going to make it home in time to do the shot. I called my best friend Kristina to see if she could give it to me. She lives about 2 miles away from my mother in law. I went to her house and her mom was there. Her mom helped out last time and gave me a few of the shots. She did a teaching session with Kristina on how to do the shots. I was a little nervous...not because I didn't trust her but it was someone new doing the shot. I got the injection ready with the medicine. It doesn't bother me to do that part. I gave it to her mom to switch the needles because I'm not good at that part. I laid on Kristinas bed and kept stalling. She said..Girl lay down let's do this. Lol. She rubbed the spot with alcohol and I told her to let it dry some because alcohol burns if it's top wet. She started to blow on the area of my butt and said "Shit just got real. My face is an inch away from your butt and I'm blowing on it". We died laughing so hard. She did the injection and it was over in no time. Once she got done with the shot she began to massage the spot for me. You have to massage the area afterwards to make the oil move around and to prevent knots in the muscle. Anyone who has given someone shots can do injections but the thing with progesterone is that it's very thick. You can't push it in very fast because one it's too thick and two you will make it knot up. I have to say for her first progesterone injection she did AWESOME. I always cant count on her for anything...we are more than best friends...more like sisters. I love knowing I have other people to do the injections in case anything happens. We always have Laurie but cases like tonight we had some else to cover since we had to go to Rosenberg.



We are only 5 days away from transfer!!! Woo hoo!! Thank you for the continued support and prayers. They mean the world to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment