Saturday, February 14, 2015

Progesterone, Heparin, and update

This is what you do on bed rest...snap chat friends and coworkers. Lol. 

The last few days have been relaxing laying around on bed rest. I've slept more lately than I ever have. I have to say that I've actually enjoyed bed rest this time. My friend Ruthie showed up after I woke up from my nap on transfer day. She has been staying over to keep me company. Its helped having her here because it's allowed Mikie to still be able to work. He would stay home with me but I know he has alot to do with his businesses. Thursday night we started taking the Heparin shot in the stomach. The needle we got that night was a dud. It didn't have a hole for the medicine to come out. We didn't figure out until the needle was in and Laurie tried to push it out. It went side ways and all sorts of stuff. Talk about HURT!!!! I broke out in tears...I was ready to toss in the towel. My body is done with the needle poking but we got a new needle and medicine. It worked fine the second time. I have to take this shot every morning and night. Laurie comes over at 830 am to do the shot in the morning. No more sleeping in for me. Ha!

Friday my sister came down to hang out. Her and I have a little side job on ebay. She came and organized all my bins and helped me with ebay. I laid on the couch and watched. She always comes to visit me while on bed rest. I love that crazy woman.

Today Jaime came over and said she was bringing a surprise visitor. I was in shock and happy when Haley walked through the door. She brought me flowers and Jaime brought a GiGi cupcake. I was laying in the recliner and they sat around on the couch talking. We caught up on a lot of stuff and we went down memory lane. Oh the good ole crazy days we had in jr. high and high school.  Haley and I have been friends for over 15 years but haven't been as close as we use to be. We have recently reconnected and she has been such a big supporter throughout my journey.

Jaime and Ruthie stayed and Mikie cooked us some fajitas. He is such an amazing cook. Jaime had a teaching session on how to heat up tortillas...I have to say it was quiet hilarious. Especially since she is the whitest mexican girl you will ever meet! Ha! Ruthie and I couldn't stop laughing at them in the kitchen.


Overall today was a great day. My hubby surprised me with a set of twin bears and flowers. He said he couldn't pass up the bears. I told him not to get me anything because he already does every thing for me. He shows his love everyday....but you know men....they are stubborn. Lol!


Well tonight was shot #8 of the progesterone. This shot in the butt is starting to hurt. I think once you pump your body with so many hormones it starts to become more tender and burn going in. Tonight Laurie had to go to a function with the kids school so I had Momma Frances (Kristinas mom) come save the night to do the shots. She is use to needles and giving injections since she works at a doctors office. She came in and bam we were done with both injections. I'm so glad she lives in the same town as me and is here if we need her. Its very hard sometimes for Laurie to dedicated every night because she is busy with the kids functions.

Everyone keeps asking how long we have to be on the shots and I really don't know. I think I'm on them until we hear the heart beat and then they change it to a pill form of progesterone. The blood thinner I have no idea. I know that I've been freezing all day today. I had the heat on, space heater, two quilts, and a hoodie on. I went to sleep and slept for 3 hours today. When I woke up the temperature in the house said 90 degrees. I was comfortable but Ruthie was dying lol. Plus she knew Mikie would be home soon and he HATES heat. She turned back on the AC to cool down the house. Today I officially know how grandma's feel when they say they are cold. Ha! Oh you gotta love blood thinners and hormones!!

Oh and the best part is I got to take a shower today!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about the most exciting part of my day. Lol. I hate going to bed without a shower. It felt amazing. Mikie had to set the temperature because I like to take steaming hot showers but the doctor said luke warm. Well tomorrow ends my bed rest time but I will still take it easy. I won't be doing much until Monday. I have an acupuncture appointment in Houston. Other than that I'm still going to take it easy. I don't want to over do it. Last night and today I've felt a little nauseous...I hope this is a good sign!! ;)

I have to say that this time I've been very positive. I'm not as anxious to take the test yet. I'm going with the flow and taking it day by day. I appreciate all of your prayers, love, comments, and thoughts. We really do have the greatest support system. We are only 12 days away from result day!


No comments:

Post a Comment