Friday, December 19, 2014

Acupuncture

I promised an update Wednesday but never got around to it. I've been in training at work all week with a girl from our France office and swamped with my day to day work. I'm taking on a new task at work and training on a new web based CRM system. Its alot of information to learn in one week. I feel like I'm in finals week for college...it's been very busy. (Speaking of college...6 years ago today I graduated with bachelor's degree and the love of my life asked me to marry him.) On top of training, I helped host my dad's annual dart tournament and we had our Christmas party at Top Golf today. I'm running low on energy but wanted to update you all on acupuncture.



Tuesday morning all I could do was think about my appointment. I didn't have an appetite to eat breakfast and all I could do is wonder what it was going to be like. I arrived to my appointment about 10 minutes early. I sat in the waiting room and started text messaging my sister and best friend. They were chanting for me saying "You can do it!". I was really thinking "Hmm..I should just walk out! HA" Chris (the one who performs the acupuncture) came and got me to go into the acupuncture room. I sat down and we went over all my forms that I had filled out prior. They ask you several questions about your sleeping habits, diet, if your hot/cold, etc. After we went through all the answers and discussed some stuff he figured out what treatment process to use......


It was time to get on the table to get acupuncture. I got up on the table and immediately started getting clammy. I explained to him how nervous I was. He reassured me that everything would be fine and I wouldn't feel a thing. He grabbed the needles and began to stick them in. The entire time he was putting them in we were talking about all sorts of stuff. (It kept me occupied where I wasn't thinking about the needles). I have to say that I didn't feel the needles except when he put some in the top of my foot and on my lower abdomen. It didn't hurt in those spots it was just a little uncomfortable because I just didn't know what to expect. The needles were put on my feet, legs, knees, arms, hand, and stomach. Once all the needles were in he grabbed a blanket to cover up my legs. When he grabbed the blanket, I freaked out inside. I thought to myself "Omg, when he lays that blanket on me the needles are going to go in further, or they are going to fold over and pull on my skin, etc." He laid the blanket down and I didn't feel a thing. I was able to calm down after that. He kept reminding me to breathe. After he did the blanket, he grabbed the heating lamp and put it over my stomach area where the needles were. He turned on some music and said he would be back to check on me. All the lights were out in the room, the music was relaxing, and I started to relax. I could feel my blood flowing from my feet all the way up and then back down to my feet. It was the craziest feeling in the world. I had a piece of hair itching my face and I was too scared to pick up my arm to move it. I was trying to blow air up to move my hair. LOL. I didn't know where all he put the needles and I was too afraid that if I saw them all in my arm that I would freak out. I'm not a fan of needles but I can survive them if I don't look. I have to look away every time I get my blood drawn or I have an injection. After about five minutes of just laying there and thinking about having all these needles inside, I took a deep breathe and began to relax even more. I started to doze off half way into the treatment. When he left the room, he told me to take a nap. He came in to check on me at least three times during the 25 minute treatment. Once the 25 minutes were up he came in and said "Well that is what acupuncture is all about. You've completed your first treatment." He sat down and began to type some notes in his lap top. I sat there thinking "You can take this needles out as soon as you would like." He only took about five minutes to type notes but it felt like an hour because I just wanted the needles out. I didn't know if it would hurt or not when he removed them. He finally got up and pulled them all out but I didn't feel anything. He went over some herbal supplements that he recommended me to take. They were prenatal, and to help energy and stress, circulation, egg quality, and embryo attachment. I take 11 pills in the morning and about 8 pills at night. All the supplements are natural and safe to use. My problem is that I have poor circulation and that is why I'm always so cold. He is helping my circulation increase so that I will get blood flow to my uterus and lining for a healthy transfer. When you don't have good circulation it can cause issues for pregnancy and cause miscarriages. I'm excited to get these things fixed so that we can have a healthy transfer in 2015.

Overall acupuncture was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I will continue to go once a week for the next 12 weeks and if I get positive pregnancy results I'll continue. Its very relaxing but I don't think it's something I would want to continue after all my treatments. I love the owner and I'm excited to have extra help to increase the success rate of our next transfer. We are only 10 days away from starting injections! I can't wait to update you all on those. ;) Time is going by fast and hopefully in the next 3 months we will be announcing our pregnancy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment