Thursday, May 7, 2015

Transfer Day!

Wednesday night I worked a little late to prepare to be off for the transfer. When I got into town, I ran by Walmart to buy the last items for Jade's basket. I mentioned to her that I making her a basket. She said "I hope it is full of pregnancy tests" A light bulb went off in my head...Why didn't I think of that. I guess I didn't think about them because I was making a basket on items she liked. I questioned Ryan to get the details on what she liked. I got her a bunch of workout clothes because she wears them all the time. Her favorite candy is sour patch straws and mint gum. I got her a decorative water bottle and my mom got her a stuffed kangaroo with a baby in its belly. When I went to Walmart, I bought two name brand boxes of pregnancy test. The boxes had three test in each. I then found some cheap ones for 88 cents and decided to buy three boxes of those too. I've seen other women post those types of test on facebook so they must work. Jade only likes the red dye ones because they show up better. I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed carrying 5 boxes of pregnancy test. One I look under age and two the faces of people were priceless. I decided to go through the self check out. Once I got home I put together the basket and sent a picture to Jade's sister in law and mother in law. They loved it and said she would love it.

Transfer day was today!!!! We had to check in at 930 am and the transfer was scheduled for 1030 am. Mikie and I had to get up early because we had to go pick up Jade first and then head to the clinic in Houston. It was an early morning but we both were so excited. I woke up at 130 am wide awake. I had to make myself go back to sleep. We arrived at Jade's house and she was finishing up last minute touches to her make up. Hayden was sitting in the hallway waiting. Once she got dressed we got into the car and dropped Hayden off at daycare. He showed her all her goodies from the basket. She loved everything she got. She was shocked that I got her the type of shirts she loves the most. She proceeded to hand me a gift. I pulled it out of the box and it was a necklace. It was beautiful and looked exactly like something I would pick out. It has a pink elephant to represent our girl/girls.

We were debating on rather to go towards Katy or take 59. We decided to take 59 and it was packed. Mikie was getting nervous that we would arrive late. We calmed him down and actually arrived 30 minutes early. We decided to go eat Chick fila for breakfast. At breakfast, we talked about what Jade should expect and we shared a few laughs. It was getting closer and closer to time.

When we arrived to the clinic there wasn't any front parking so Mikie dropped us off at the front door. He had to go park in the parking garage. Jade and I went to check in and fill out a few forms. Once she was done it was time to wait. We only waited for about 15 minutes and they called her name. She went to the back alone to get in her gown and take vitals. Once they were done with that then the nurse came to get Mikie and I. We both had to put on hair nets, sterile booties, and a jump suit over our clothes. It was Mikies 5th time to do this so he had the routine down. It was my first time and it was weird. Lol. Dr. Kim came in to talk and show us our embryos. He was very pleased with the way they thawed. It was transfer time shortly after he left. The nurses came to get us all and go to operating room. I have to say that it was a very weird feeling sitting in a chair and not lying on the table. I got to watch from a different view and see exactly what they do. I sat right by her head and Mikie sat right next to me. He rubbed my back and comforted me. I was almost ready to burst into tears. I was so happy that it was finally happening and that Jade has opened her heart up to do this for us. I was also feeling a little emotional wishing that it was me on the table. I didn't cry and overall I felt excited. I just can't believe that our dreams of becoming parents is possibly happening as I write this blog.

After the transfer, we went to the recovery room with Jade. She had to lay down for 20 minutes before we could be released. Dr. Kim came in to check on us before we left. As he was walking out Jade said "Hey Dr. Kim, Thank you for knocking me up today." (She was on Valium) We all busted out laughing. Dr. Kim looked at us, smiled, and said "She is never lost for words" Lol. Once they allowed Jade to get dressed, Mikie and I left the room. I told her that I was taking her cell phone with me. When she got done getting dressed and using the bathroom, she began to freak out about her cell phone. "I need to go look in my room for my phone" I said "Jade I have your phone and I told you that I was taking it" She said "Oh you did." Lol

On the way home we stopped at McDonald's to get her some french fries. It is a superstition to eat fries after the transfer. She ate the heck out of those fries and talked about the most random things. The valium made her funny as heck.

Mikie drove back to Sealy so we could drop him off. I took Jade back to her house and hung out with her all day. I know exactly how Mikie feels now. He always worried about me during bedrest and I feel the same way with Jade. I didn't want to leave tonight. Hayden came home from daycare and asked me "What did yall do today" I said, "We transferred the babies in your mommy's tummy" He ran over to Jade and pulled her shirt up and began to rub her belly. It was the most precious thing ever.

I want to thank all of you for reaching out to us today. Your support, love, and prayers means the world to us. I appreciate all of you who are following the Team Baby Fisher page. It was so nice to post pictures on there today as the process was taking place. Please keep your prayers coming for the next two weeks. My heart is full of happiness at the moment. I can't believe that my dreams of becoming a mom are soon going to come true. I have the best surrogate carrying our child.

#TEAMBABYFISHER

Love my boyfriend, Hayden! 

Beautiful embryos

Babies are in! #stickyvibes 

No comments:

Post a Comment