Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Last Two Weeks

The last two weeks have gone by so slow it seems. I guess because I've been so anxious to get the blood results. I've been thinking positive but couldn't help to fall back to negative thoughts. Its been a roller coaster of a journey.

So, everyone knows that Jade had a basket full of pee test. She began peeing on them day 1.5 for "experiment" purposes. Lol. She received a positive pee stick on day 4. (Which by the way is very soon) She peed on the pink line test and kept thinking she was seeing a line. She wasn't sure so on day 4 she decided to take a digital one. She recorded the digital test thinking until the results showed up. It was hilarious to hear her in the background. "Ugh hurry up." "Why are you taking so long" and then at the end of the video the test showed Pregnant 1-2 weeks. Jade screams in excitement. It was so funny. She sent me this text on day 4. I was going to opt out of knowing the results but it drove me too crazy. Mikie didn't want to know the results at all. I was going to be on his side but it drove me crazy knowing she was testing. I told Mikie that I wasn't going to find out. Lol. I'm not good at keeping secrets and plus if I didn't show a sign of sadness he would know the results. Throughout last week Jade kept sending me more pee stick results. She even made a few dub smash videos. I swear that girl is a hoot. She makes this journey so much fun.

Since Jade was getting a strong positive on the pee test, she called the doctors office to move up the beta test. They told her we could go in on Friday or Monday. I decided to do Monday and then a second test on Thursday. I wanted to have a second test result before I posted it on facebook. Mikie and I have always had a bad second beta test, and find out that we are miscarrying. Sunday night neither one of us got any sleep. We tossed and turned all night long. Monday morning came fast and it was time to get ready for our appointment. It was pouring down rain so hard on the way there. We arrived to the doctor at the same time as Jade and Hayden. Her poor son has not been feeling well. He was excited to see me and very happy to have me carry and baby him. When we got called back, Jade went and got her blood drawn. Mikie and I hung out with nurses and doctor. We laughed and shared stories as we always do. All of a sudden the nurse came around the corner with a serious look "Michael, I need to get some blood from you." The look on his face was priceless and we all busted out laughing. They love teasing him about needles. Lol! As we walked out the door the nurse said, "I will call you in 30 minutes with the results." We left the doctor and headed to Chick fil a to eat breakfast and wait on the phone call. And then we got the call......

JADE IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! HER BETA IS 587!!!!

I was so excited but was not jumping for joy. We still had a mountain to climb to make it to second beta. Once we make it past the second beta, I would be more excited. The nurse said she wanted us back on Wednesday instead of Thursday.

I called my immediate  family and told them the news. Everyone was excited but I think they were anxious for the second test too. My Dad is out of town so I sent him a text saying "Dad, guess what." He writes back "Your gal is pregnant" I was on the phone with my mom when he sent the message. I didn't answer his text in time so he called me. I answered the phone and he said "Well was my guess right?" I said, "Yes". I was dying laughing so hard when I got off the phone with him because he said "Your gal". I already told Mikie that I feel like Jade is my lover and we are having a baby. Surrogacy is so awesome but a little weird too. I'm in Mikie's shoes now watching her go through everything that I went through. We laughed about it at the doctor on Wednesday. I had the nurses rolling so hard.

Wednesday rolled around and it was time for second beta. I slept okay on Tuesday night but I was still very anxious. I dread second beta test because I've gotten bad news in the past. Well we arrived at the doctor, took blood, and went to Chick fil a again. We waited for the call after breakfast. I had to run to the bathroom and Jade got worried " What if they call?" I said "Answer my phone" She said "No, I want you to know first." Lol. She felt pretty positive that it was going to go well but I think we made her a little nervous.  Well we got the call.....

JADE IS STILL PREGNANT AND HER LEVEL DOUBLED!!!!!!! ;)

I was smiling ear to ear and couldn't believe the news. Its for real....we are going to be parents. Mikie was floating on air with excitement. By the way, Jade's beta level should double every 48 hours. It doesn't mean that she has twins or anything. All we hope for now is a healthy baby or babies. One or two.... it doesn't matter to us.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all the support and prayers. Our journey is far from over and we still need prayers. Please pray for a smooth pregnancy for Jade and for healthy baby(s). We will go next week for our first ultrasound. I can't wait to see a little pea growing. Dreams are finally becoming reality.

For those of you still struggling with fertility, don't give up. If I would have given up then my dreams would never come true.  It's a rough journey full of all kinds of emotions, but remember you are NOT alone. Everyone deserves their rainbow baby and I hope you get yours soon. Baby Dust to you all!!

All my presents from Kristina for getting a positive beta test!!!! :) 

Jade sent me this pee test on Sunday night before my first beta.  The pregnancy line is just as dark or darker than the control line.  

One of her dub smash videos lol.  

Thank you to Laurie for putting together my board. Thank you to Makayla for writing the saying out. 
Baby Fisher(s) Due Jan 2016!!!!


My sweet little Hayden at my doctors appointment on Monday. 

I love my sweet little nephew. He is such a happy baby now that his acid reflux medicine is working.  :) 

My first pregnancy announcement board when I got my first beta last time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment