Sunday, March 29, 2015

Not much has Changed...Still Waiting

Not much has changed but wanted to post a blog....

Last Sunday I went to see my man Luke Bryan at the Houston Rodeo. If you know me then you know how much I love Luke Bryan. Yes people talk about how country isn't country anymore. What people don't realize is that we live in a world that is constantly changing. The style of clothes, music, cars, etc. Nothing is how it use to be. The country singers have to change up their songs to fit in this world of change. Anyways, I love what a Godly man Luke is. He loves his fans and is so down to earth...not to mention he is a cutie. He puts on the best concerts too. Out of 76,000 people, I happen to sit next to a girl who I recognized. I did not know her personally but she is friends with my two best friends. I started talking to her and she said "Are you the one with a blog?" And I said "Yes" We continued to talk during the rodeo part and man what a small world it is. She knew alot of the same people I did from Sealy. Her little girl was just as crazy about Luke as I was. It was so cute. I sent a text to my friend to tell her who I met and how she asked about my blog. She said "See you have so many supporters that you don't even know" She is correct. I love having such amazing people who support and pray for us. While I was walking out of the rodeo there was this little girl with her dad. Little girl says "Lets go find him" Dad "Where is he?" She said "Dad he is wearing a blue shirt and he is down there (pointing to the stage)" It melted my heart to hear this conversation and to see how this dad took his little girl alone to see Luke Bryan. All I could think about is how that could be Mikie and our little girl. One he would kill me for getting her into Luke Bryan lol but I could see him on a Daddy/Daughter date. I can't help but notice all the little girls with their dad. I know Mikie is going to make such a great dad. He will finally see how a little girl loves their dad. He use to give me a hard time for being a Daddys girl because I am so close to my Dad. My Dad is a hard working man who loves me so much and one little look can get me my way with him any day. Ha! Mikie never understood it until later on. Then when our little niece came in the picture he told me he completely understood why I was the way I was with my dad.

Earlier this week I shared an article about my fertility doctor to Jade. I'm so proud to say that Dr. Kim is our fertility doctor. I cannot wait until Jade and him meet. I know she will love him. She commented on the article saying "Asian smarty pants" lol.

Jade still hasn't started her period! :/ She went to the doctor and got a blood test to make sure she wasn't pregnant. She isn't and I think between her exercise routine and stressing over starting has delayed it. She was given a prescription to make her start. She still hasn't started yet. I want her to start so she can get her blood work but I'm not letting it stress me. I found out last week that the therapist cannot get us in until April 17th. She is going to do all the appointments together. She will do Jade's evaluation, meet with Mikie and I and then we all four meet together. We changed a few things on the contract and I should hear back from my lawyer this week to look at the changes. The contract is the most crucial part because you have to have it finalized 14 days prior to transfer. You don't have to have the evaluation done in any certain time frame according to our donor nurse. I never realized how much it takes to prepare for a surrogacy route. I always thought you picked a carrier, did a contract, blood work, and then start. Boy was I wrong! We will have our transfer day before we know it. It's already been a month since we decided to go this route. Time passes fast.

Mikie and I were talking to some friends this weekend about our journey. I have a couple of pictures of Jade on my phone. I pulled one up to show them and Mikie took my phone and said with a big smile "Look at my little Asian mommy" I love seeing him get so excited about our next chaoter.

I kept my little niece over the weekend. We've been babysitting her since she was 6 months old and she just turned 2 in January. We haven't had her for a weekend in a little over a month or more. Her Nana from Missouri was down for a month and then we had our transfer. She was so excited to see me on Friday when I picked her up. We got to the shop to see Mikie and she said "Mikie go clean your hands now and hold me" Demanding? Yes! But she has both wrapped around her finger. I was so proud of myself this weekend. I took her to two Easter Events this weekend that involved nothing but kids and their parents. It takes alot for someone with fertility issues to put their self in those situations. I did it and didn't get sad. I guess all my attention was on her and I didn't have time to think about anything else. We went to a place right outside of town called Blessington Farm. They have hay rides, hay maze, easter egg hunt, slides, strawberry picking, and lots more. She had a blast! Today we took her to our park where a church put on a big Easter Egg Extravaganza. For our small town there sure we're a ton of people there. She enjoyed the little bunnies they had for the kids to pet. She did not enjoy the Easter Bunny because she is scared of him. Overall we had a pretty good weekend.

Tomorrow starts another week. Who knows what the week will bring. I want to thank everyone again for the continued prayers and support. We are so lucky to have you all following our journey! Hope you all have a fabulous week.

Here are a few pictures from the past week

Selfie on the way to Luke Bryan
Love me some Luke Bryan 
My favorite picture to show off of Jade! Our Asian Mommy as Mikie says. Lol 


Auntie and her love bug on the Hay ride

We must lay on top of Chopper with ALL of our babies

Always styling with Auntie 
Hay maze 




No comments:

Post a Comment