Saturday, March 21, 2015

Long Week...

Its been a long week since my last post........

On Friday, March 6th Mikie and I had our appointment to do our "donor evaluation". We had to get 4 vials of blood drawn, give a urine sample, and get physicals. You know we all have that one fear in life that makes us so scared. The one fear my husband has is needles. He doesn't like needles one bit. It's not that the needles hurt, its the thought of being poked. He was very anxious in the waiting room and he was ready to walk out of the doctor's office. I couldn't help but laugh a little. I told him this was my only time that I ever get to see him scared of something. The nurses all know how he is when it comes to needles. I have to admit that I'm not as scared of needles anymore but I do get a little nervous inside. All year long I've only been getting one vial of blood drawn at a time but this time they had to take 4 vials. I hate the way it feels when they change out the tubes. Ugh...it makes me sick to even think about it right now. LOL I have my favorite arm that they draw blood from. It was a little sore from being poked so much during the pregnancy test blood draws. She looked at it and said it should be okay to draw from it again. She stuck the needle in and it hurt a lot. I told her once that tube got done she needed to take it out and do my other arm. She switched arms and it was so much better. I think that vein has had it with being poked. Once we got done with our appointment, my husband had to go back to work and I told him I was going to go shop. I haven't been shopping for myself in a while. It was nice to have a couple of hours to myself to shop. While I was shopping, Jade called to talk about the contract. Her lawyer sent her the contract and she was reading it for the first time. She said that everything so far looked good and she was going to continue reading it. We talked a little bit about a facebook page she follows about surrogacy. Two surro moms within the same week announced how their IP's had the genetic testing done to their embryos and what gender they thought were transferring ended up not being that. One I believe thought she was transferring two girls but one ended up being a boy. We were shocked and amazed about that. It just goes to show you that you never know what can happen. I'm not getting our hopes up for a boy and I've actually been looking up girl stuff.

On Saturday, I went out with my cousin in law to have a spa day. She invited me to spend the day with her. I was so excited to have a relaxing day and to catch up with her. We had brunch at Sandy McGee's and then headed to the spa. It started off with facials, then massages, then mani and pedi. I couldn't thank her enough for inviting me and treating me. It was not only a relaxing day but it felt very good to talk to her about all that we've been through recently. When I talk to people about our journey it helps my healing process. She shared with me about a friend of theirs who is facing fertility issues. I asked her if she mind if I reached out to her friend. I sent her friend a message on facebook about fertility issues. I shared my journey with her, my blog address, and told her we should meet for lunch/dinner. I explained to her how I had someone reach out to me and I felt like I needed to return the favor by reaching out to her. She was very thankful and excited that I reached out to her. She has met with a fertility doctor but hasn't proceeded with any treatments yet. I did find out that she goes to my clinic but to a different doctor (which all the doctors are good). She has given her self a time frame and if she isn't pregnant then she will go back to the doctor to discuss further options. Everyday it seems like I find out about another person going through fertility issues. It is so common these days and it is something that no one should be ashamed of.

On Wednesday, I received a phone call from the FDA lab. They informed me that something went wrong with our samples and they needed us to go back to the doctor and redo them. We were not very happy about it all. I called my doctors office to talk to them about it and to reschedule an appointment. The nurse explained that the FDA didn't come to pick up our kit until Monday morning and we went into the doctor that Friday. By the time they received the kit in their lab, they considered it expired. My doctors office apologized and noted to the donor nurse not to make these appointments so late in the day anymore. I had to drag Mikie back to the doctor a second time for blood work. The nurse joked on the phone and said "Please tell Mikie to leave his guns at home." I busted out laughing. They all love Mikie to death and always give him a hard time. I was home from work and able to go up there that day. I drug Mikie in with me. We ended up staying at the doctors office for an hour just talking to the nurses. When you go into the doctors office as much as we do, the nurses end up becoming more like family. They all have been such amazing supporters throughout our journey. I couldn't imagine being at any other clinic.

At the beginning of this week, I had all day meetings on both Monday and Tuesday. We recently were acquired by a big corporation. We are learning the new ropes of the corporate world. We have been corporate but we never had such strict rules or compliance. It is a whole new ball game and a little stressful. I do have to admit that I love my new bosses and I'm looking forward to my future with them. They do have some plans for me with my position and I'm excited. I will be receiving a lap top where I can do some more work from home and not have to commute everyday. I've been a little down and out this week about all the baby stuff. I'm so excited about our next chapter with Jade but I still haven't soaked in everything from our last miscarriage. I do believe though that God had a plan. If we wouldn't have had a miscarriage the first time then our due date would have been in February. I would be on maternity leave during all these new changes at work. I don't think I could have handled a new born baby plus career changes. I don't think I could handle a 70 mile commute to work being pregnant either. I'm not pregnant right now and this week about killed me. I've been working long hours and I'm beyond exhausted. Even though I'm realizing all these small things it is still hard to swallow. I was going through my phone and came across my pregnancy test pictures and it upset me a little to think I would be around 8 to 9 weeks pregnant now. I was text messaging Jade today about it and she said it is a lot to take in and I cannot switch my feeling like a light switch. She also mentioned to me that while we don't know why things happen the way they do that maybe there is a deeper reason why I cant get pregnant. She said that maybe if I did get pregnant it would harm me or my child and that is why God isn't allowing us to be pregnant. She is correct. It is hard to see why things happen the way they do sometimes. I do not regret my decision to proceed with surrogacy. I'm actually anxious for it all to start. Jade hasn't started her period yet. She started working out and I know sometimes a new exercise routine can change your cycle. During IVF we always talk about sending each other different types of vibes. She cracked me up when she sent me a message asking me to send her blood vibes. LOL! She is so silly. I do have to brag about her....She looks amazing from working out. She will be the most fit pregnant woman ever! I've never met someone who enjoys being pregnant as much as she does. I know that this journey is going to be so different than her last one. We have a closer bond and she knows I will be at every appointment she has.

Now we are waiting for Jade to start her period. Once she starts her period, she will go in for her blood work. Her husband needs to get his blood work done too. They will put her on birth control until the blood test come back. We should finalize the contracts this week and I will have to turn in a copy to my doctors office before they will proceed with fertility medicine. Once she does start on the estrogen pills to build her lining, she will only be on it for 20 days. After 20 days, we will do a transfer!! Looks like it will be at the end of April and if for some reason things get pushed out then it could be as late as the beginning of May. Either way, we are READY!! Mikie already talks about when the baby/babies get here we are going to do this and that. He is so pumped and ready for it to start. I'm in awe of his faith and love. He has been the best partner throughout this tough journey. I thank God everyday that he chose me to spend the rest of my life with Mikie. Our marriage has grown a lot and I couldn't be more blessed. We both know that if for some reason we never have baby that it will not break us apart.

Thank you again to everyone who has reached out to us. Our support circle continues to grow and we cannot thank you enough for everything. Your kind words, prayers, and love mean a ton to us. Our child will be amazed by how much they are loved already.

Here are a few pictures from my week....

                  Autumn and I after our spa day!!!
                   A visit with my nephew Hutch!!
My fit Surro Mom. Mikie said she doesn't have a 6 pack she has a 12 pack lol. 
Love visits with my nephew! I try to visit him once a week! He is so handsome and a very happy baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment