Monday, April 27, 2015

Looking Good....

Mikie and I for once in three years kicked back and enjoyed ourselves. We are not the drinking kind. Ask us nine years ago when we first met and Mikie will tell you the story he tells everyone. He thought he was in for a wild drinking woman. Lol. I grew out of that stage very early in our relationship. Sometimes you have to grow up and realize drinking isn't everything. I much rather have a hard working man over a bar fly any day of the week. Anyways, Saturday we were invited by some friends to go to the KC Hall to enjoy all you can eat crawfish. Its my first year to really enjoy crawfish. I would eat them in the past but just a bite here and there. This year I've actually been ordering my own and peeling them. We ate until we were stuffed and then we hung out and drank. I couldn't believe that my husband drank. If I'm drinking he doesn't like to drink because he wants to be alert for anything that could happen to me. (I chose a great man) On Saturday we finally just relaxed and drank for a couple of hours. Everyone was shocked to see him drinking and with a little alcohol he loosened up. I have to say that in the last year that we both haven't drank hardly anything. We have been so up tight and serious about our journey and I've been on too many fertility drugs. It was nice to unwind and enjoy life. He wasn't worried about his businesses and I wasn't stressed about work or baby stuff. It does help that we have some amazing friends that help us unwind. We are so lucky to have good people in our life. Of course we always have those who aren't happy for us and who love that we are suffering through this rough journey. I don't even get mad...I just laugh and know that karma will come back around. It always does and always will. I've learned that those negative people are not truly happy for themselves; therfore, how can they be happy for us and our journey. Misery loves company and jealousy is a terrible sickness. All you can do is keep your circle full of positive people and go on with life. Luckily we haven't faced too many negative people but you always have a few bad apples.

Today we had Jade's first appointment since she started medicine. I'm not going to lie....I was very nervous. I got to the appointment early and waited on Jade. She was running a few minutes late because she had a little bit of a stressful morning. Once she got there we checked in and waited to be called. The nurse came to get us and she went to get her blood drawn. I didn't go back to the blood area but stood and talked to the nurses. I know I've said it a 100 times but I love the Katy office. They are so sweet and caring. We talked about our weekends and laughed about the cookies they had. They make these sperm and pregnancy test cookies for fertility awareness week. Once Jade was done with blood work we went into the room for her ultrasound. The doctor had surgery today so we saw the nurse. She came in to do the ultrasound and was very pleased with Jade's lining. It was a 7 and needs to be a 9 by next week which it will be. We talked about medicine and TMI stories of what the medicine does to your body. We laughed and laughed. I swear I never leave their office without laughing at some point. Once Jade got dressed we scheduled another appointment for Friday. Friday will be the last appointment until transfer day. She will start her injections on Saturday!!! We stood around talking to the nurses and sharing stories for a little bit. They always take the time to listen and laugh with us. Both of my nurses have me on facebook and told me how much they enjoy my blog. I love when people tell me that because I love blogging.

Well we are now only 10 days away from transfer day!!!!! I'm so excited and cant wait. We decided that we all three are going to wear our team HFI shirts. Its our something green. I'm so anxious for transfer day and then I will be anxious for testing day! I have high expectations for this round but trying to stay level just incase it doesn't work. Jade did mention that she isn't going to give up on us. She will fight until our dreams come true. I've got to say that I feel like I've gained a little/big sister. She is little and younger than me but she stands up for me as if she was my big sister. Her determination, support, and love is one of a kind. I couldn't have chose anyone better to be my tummy mummy!

The man I wake up to every morning. My hubby!


Sperm and Pregnancy test cookies! ;) 

Everyone has been wondering what Jade looks like pregnant. This was delivery day for her last surrogacy. Now if she ends up with twins...we have no idea what she will look like. We laughed about how big she would look today with the nurses. Lol

I haven't posted a picture of my nephew in a while. Here is my cutie pie and his mommy aka my best friend! ;) 

Jade's son (I call my boyfriend) and Baby Hutch! ;) 
Our friends who have been by our side through it all. They are there to deliver food, lend a hand, or a shoulder to cry on. We are so lucky to call these two our friends! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment