Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day by Day

Last Sunday was the The Walk of Hope to support infertility awareness. My cousin, Autumn Jaynes, surro mom Jade, and friend Kourtlyn Hartfield came to support me. It was an early morning and had my niece with me. We headed in town to meet Autumn and then went to pick up Jade. It turned out to be a beautiful day. I was so excited to have a support system with me at the walk. Autumn and Kourtlyn got to meet my doctor. We all meet my doctor's wife and son. His wife is just as friendly and sweet as him. It was nice to see the whole office outside of the clinic in normal clothes and with their families. We got our shirts and ate a little breakfast before the walk started. There was a big gathering and a few speakers before it started. Once the walk started people lined the walkway with posters saying "You are not alone".  It was amazing to see the people who joined together for a cause that hits home. I loved having my family and friends there to support me as well.

Monday Jade started her medicine. I was so excited on Monday but it felt a little weird not taking the medicine myself. She kept me updated on how she was feeling and we talked about all the TMI information. Its so nice to compare ourselves to each other. She is hoping since she has been doing alot of squats that she has more muscle for the injections. Ha! She said I beat her in the butt department. I laughed and agreed! When I told Mikie I was going to work out he said don't lose your butt. HA! It's crazy but my butt muscle is still sore from those injections. Its been almost two months since my last shot. It goes to show you how tough those shots are. I don't think I will feel weird when she starts those shots! Sorry Jade! :)

Monday was also the beginning of National Infertility  Awareness Week. 1 in 8 couples face fertility issues. Mikie and I are just another statistic. Its been a rough, long, and emotional journey. I do have to say that we've learned so much about ourselves, marriage, faith, and others. I never imagined that when I started this blog that I would gain such a HUGE support system. I've learned that family isn't always blood. Our family has grown so big and our circle of friends has too. When we are down you all pick us up and when we are up you all continue to cheer for us.

Kristina and Jade started a gofundme page for Mikie and I. They wanted to start one a while back and we all got busy. On Tuesday they finished the page and posted it on facebook. I was surprised and happy. Mikie and I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. We agreed to keep spending what we need to until our dreams come true. Our insurance covers NOTHING. Both of our families have helped us out alot but we are still faced with a big financial burden. In a little over 4 days we have raised 2600.00 because we have had a few people donate to us personally. I'm amazed at the support we have received. I want all of you to know that Mikie and I appreciate it. We will never be able to thank all of you enough. I know not everyone has the extra money to donate but please know your support still means alot. You reach out to us, you cheer on the sidelines, and you support reading my blog. No amount of money can equal that. Here is a link to the page if you do want to donate.

http://www.gofundme.com/teambabyfisher

Beasley bash was discussed the other night with our friends. It is so crazy to think that I gave Mikie my number nine years ago at the good ole Beasley Bash. I never thought that six years later we would get married and nine years later we would be on a surrogate journey. I'm so thankful that God chose me to become his wife. He is my biggest supporter and fan. I also never dreamed of living in a small town like Sealy. I love our small town and all the friends we have here. A small town comes together and supports one another. We have found that in our town. I look forward to raising my little girl or girls here.

Monday we have a check up appointment for Jade and we are only 11 days away from transfer!!! Yay! We are taking it day by day but these days sure are flying by. I'm ready for May 7th!!!!!!!

Jade, Dr. Kim, and myself at the walk

Jade and I with one of my favorite nurses. She has always been there for me since the day I stepped into the clinic. She is more than just a nurse to me! 

For NIAW week I made this grid to post online. #niaw #resolve #Wearenotalone 

I love my little niece to pieces. She walked the entire walk! She was such a trooper for her Auntie! 

My supporters! ;) Baby Case was sleeping! 

The bond between her and I is unbreakable. 


I never really do my nails but I make sure to do them for each transfer. They are ready for my little girls to be transfered on May 7th
 #teampink #teambabyfisher 
Audrina loved Jade. Mikie said it's because Jade is a big kid herself. Ha! We all love Jade! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment