Monday, June 15, 2015

Blessed Times Two

Every week we continue to get good reports. The baby girls hearts are beating at a great pace. The sound is absolutely beautiful. I wish you all could see my husband's face during the appointments..  it is priceless. He is extremely happy and each appointment brings reassurance that this is REAL. I'm still not going to lie, we continue to walk on egg shells. We will feel much more relieved when we get out of the first trimester or heck when the babies are born. Jade didn't make it to eight weeks with twins on her last surrogacy...BUT this time she has. She did mention that another surro mom lost a twin at 10 weeks. We are staying hopeful that our baby girls continue to grow. One is measuring 8 weeks and the other is measuring 8 weeks 2 days. I have faith that they will continue to grow but we have to know that anything can happen. Mikie and I have agreed on two beautiful names. I cannot wait to announce them to everyone. I want to wait until we are in the safe zone.

I picked up my precious niece on Friday night to spend the weekend with us. It has been over a month since she has come to stay. We stayed on the move literally all weekend long. Saturday morning we went to my cousin's nail salon party. Audrina got her toes and fingers nails painted. She loved hanging out with the "big" girls. We went to lunch with all of them afterwards. When we were leaving in the car she said, "Auntie, I like your friends." It was so cute. We went to see my mother in law and she met my best friend Kristina and my nephew Hutch. She absolutely loves babies. She had to hold him and kept saying how cute he was. Sunday we had Hutch's baptism, baptism party, and I promised her we would go swimming. She was so good in church until the end she blurted out, "I need to go poop." Lol. After church and the party we went to my mother in laws house to swim. It was so neat to see how my mother in law was with her in the pool. She doesn't normally do these types of things but adores Audrina. Mikie and I smiled and asked, "Are you ready for two of these?" Lol. I don't think any of us are fully prepared for two at once. I know once they get here it will be different but I'm so nervous. I had Audrina practice the names we picked out. She said they are her baby cousins/sisters. Ha! I do have to say that Audrina holds a very special spot in our heart. She has taught us so much about parenting, love, life, and how to be patient. She will always be the first little girl who stole our heart. She has prepared us for our own children and will always hold a special spot in our hearts. We sure will miss her when she moves in August but we are so happy for her and her mother.

Jade is still having the same symptoms. She has to eat small meals and eat more often. She isnt showing that much but does have a little pudge. She was out swimming today and asked her family " Do I look pregnant?" They responded, "No you just look bloated." Jade said, "Dammit, I hate that in between stage where you just look fat." Bahahaha. We did find out on Friday that her OB has moved to Friendswood. We keep hitting little bumps in the road with cobra insurance to OB moving. I keep reminding myself that things could be worse and at least we still have our baby girls. It wouldn't be a  Fisher journey if there weren't a few bumps in the road. Jade was completely heart broken. I posted asking for reviews on OB doctors.

1. Jade wants a female
2. Jade wants a doctor who doesn't jump to c-section immediately just because she is pregnant with twins.
3. The doctor must deliver in a level 3 NICU hospital. (Our contract specifies that)

We got great reviews from our post but ran into a few problems. They either had a long wait period to get in, doctor doesn't deliver in a level 3 NICU center, and they want records and have to approve her. We decided to call back the same clinic her doctor left and schedule with another doctor there. The doctor we chose is one who filled in for Jade's old doctor a few times. We get to meet her on tuesday, June 23rd. I can't believe we are already getting to see an OB. I told Dr. Kim "I'm so sad we are going to be leaving soon. Are you sure you don't want to deliver my baby?" I love our doctor so much and hate to leave his office. The nurses and receptionist have become our friends and family. I can't believe we've been there over a year.

So, next week we go to fertility clinic on Monday and OB on Tuesday. I hope Jade likes the OB and everything goes smooth. Thank you again to you all for your continues support, love, and prayers. We are so lucky to have all of you by our side throughout this journey. I started speaking out about my journey for therapy and healing for myself, to let others know they aren't alone, and to help others reach out about their journey. I've had several people I know reach out to me about their struggle with fertility. I've had others reach out to my friends. I urge all of you to reach out to someone. Its a tough journey but sometimes you need someone else to talk to besides your spouse. I can tell Mikie anything, cry on his shoulder, scream in his face, or whatever and he continues to be by my side...but sometimes I need a friend or mom to talk to. You need the same if you are struggling. Dont be ashamed of your journey....YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Don't be ashamed if you told yourself that you would never do IVF or IUI if it came down to it. I said the same thing but you never truly know what you would do until you are faced with it. I don't regret any of the money I've spent, the tears I've shed, the weight I gained, the number of transfers I did, etc. I have a dream and a goal to be a mommy and I would do it all over again. Never give up!!! You don't want to live with the "what ifs".

Mikie and I at the pool with our little niece. Crazy to think that we will soon have family pictures with two Baby girls! 

Baby B

Baby A

All dressed in her fourth of July dress. 

Its hard work being a princess

Hayden graduated prek. I love this picture because my baby girls are in it too. The Ohl family will forver be apart of the Fisher family. 

Baby A and Baby B 

Hutch's baptism. I was one proud Aunt on Sunday. 


Aunties two little babies. I love these two to pieces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment